Monday, February 22, 2010

First round of shots

I began my first round of Lupron which is a drug that shuts off Ovulation. I inject this very small needle into my stomach. It is a very easy process, but I do it at 9pm and I have been crashing around 9:30 and ready for about 10 hours of sleep. I will have 10 more different rounds of pills/shots that will add up to 2-5 different drugs a day until the end of March. For example I am on the Lupron once a day, but for over a week. Some of these will overlap and the needles do get bigger. Brandon and I are both very excited about the process. He leaves on Saturday for a week long Ski trip with family friend TR and I am looking forward to seeing some girlfriends who have offered to come by and sit with me while I am relaxing, taking care of myself and trying to create a healthy womb.

Two weeks ago a stopped drinking caffeine...it was hard (lots of headaches) but I no longer crave a Diet Coke a day. I have also gone off all of my previous perscriptions. It has been difficult, but again it is most important to create a happy place for our 2 eggs that will be implanted the second week of March. Then finally.....wait for it......I stopped drinking cold Turkey last Wed. I thought it would be hard, but it really has been nice. I had one last night with Adrianne and some bottles of wine. Since then it has been water, lemonade and every once in awhile non-alcoholic beer. By the way Brixx's has one that is very tasty.

My head is clear and I have to say all in all I am so excited about this IVF process. It is a very big step and I am confident that the outcome will be good. Being positive has been easy I am leaving the rest in the hands of my doctors. I couldn't do it without the love and support of my dear wonderful husband, loving family members and great friends.

1 comment:

  1. Ash - great to see you today - I hope that mean evil lady falls down and hurts her arms so she can't type any more nasty emails to you - boo on her! You are amazing to be helping and I totally support you! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

    ReplyDelete