Thursday, March 4, 2010

Week before Retrieval

So the week of 3-1 through 3-7 is the one where I am fertilizing my eggs with 3 different shots a day in my stomach. It really isn't too bad. On my 3-3 ultrasound things looked great. They want at least 3 follicles (1 egg sac is in each follicle) on each side to appear that it is growing in hopes to be a good healthy egg on the day of retrieval. I had 6 on the left and 5 on the right. They are hoping to see more tomorrow or that the 11 they already see are continuing to grow and be healthy. On 3-8 if everything goes as planned we will have my eggs retrieved, inseminated and placed in safe keeping to mature and then be placed back in me 3 to 5 days later.

I am so excited and have been busy as can be with Brandon out of town this whole week. As my friend Katherine said I am nesting. I have cleaned/organized the garage, hall closet, linen closet, underneath kitchen sink, underneath master bathroom sinks and so much more. Including hanging curtins, painting furniture that needed updating including one piece for the side porch that I painted and placed Brandon's rock collection from when he was a kid around the edge. I miss Brandon so much, but he is having a great time with family friend TR in Colorado snowboarding. It has been a great week for him to be out of town because I have been so productive.

The next 3 weeks will be a long waiting game, but we plan to keep busy and try and think about anything other than IF WE ARE PREGNANT.

No comments:

Post a Comment